Friday, October 23, 2009

New Every Morning



"Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are NEW EVERY MORNING; great is your faithfulness." Lamentations 3:22-23

Ok, so that isn't the sunrise I woke up to this morning, but let me tell you, the sky was full or oranges and pinks and yellows and it was one of the most beautiful sights I have ever seen. As I looked at the sky in amazement and wonder, the Lord reminded me that it was a new day, full of new experiences, and that His mercies are new every morning. Each morning my alarm goes off at 6:03am. I never want to wake up that early, and it's earlier than I really need to wake up, but it is the perfect time to open my window and look out in awe.

Yesterday was a rough day. In fact, in all honesty, it's been a really rough week. With grades being due and parent teacher conferences being today, it's been a bit of a stressful week. Yesterday my frustrations must have shown in class, because students started to ask, "What's wrong?" or "Miss Betsy, can I make you laugh? You look a bit sad." I absolutely love these students....when they're not in class. They're great kids, and I love working with them. It's the teaching I'm not so sure about. Anyway, after a rough day yesterday, and lots of worship music and prayer last night, waking up to a gorgeous sunrise was just the reminder I needed that God brought me here for a reason, and He will be faithful. Even when teaching isn't so wonderful, He is with me. When I wanted to run out of the class yesterday and never teach again, He was there. He's faithful and He's with me, no matter what.

Waking up at 6:03 (yes, 6:03, not 6:00, not 6:05, but 6:03. Why, because 3 is a prime number. For some reason, for as long as I can remember, I've set my alarm so that the last digit is always prime) may not always be my favorite thing to do, but looking at out God's beautiful creating was all it took to remind me this morning that it was a new day, yesterday was over, and today could be completely different. And it was. God is faithful, and His creation is amazing!

All that to say: I'm glad the week is over, and I'm perfectly ok with the fact that conferences only happen once a year!

No comments: