Tuesday, September 15, 2009

"Better Days Ahead"

Well, it's only Tuesday, but I think it would be safe to say it's been one of the most overwhelming weeks since I've been here. Teaching this week has felt somewhat like a disaster, and life has just been overwhelming. The good news is that God always sends the right amount of blessings at just the right time, and just the right amount of encouragement to remind me He knows what He's doing, and I just need to keep persevering. "Better days ahead" as my grandpa always says...

Some of those better days, I hope, will begin tomorrow when we head to Jinja for youth retreat! Besides the awesome fact that I don't have to teach anymore this week, I have been looking forward to retreat since I found out I'd be helping out with youth group. Wednesday through Friday the 7-12 grade students and all of the youth group volunteers will be staying in Jinja, having small devotional sessions, playing tons of fun and crazy games (in which I fully intend to participate, not just watch), and hanging out together. We've been praying about this for weeks, and I am so excited for what God could do! For me personally, I am really praying these days would be opportunity for me to get to know the students outside of the math classroom. I'm hoping to interact with them in a way that helps me get to know them and start forming relationships with them. In general, I'm praying for the hearts of the students, that they would be open to whatever God might want to do in them, and for the staff members going, that we'd be willing to let God work in and through us. With some students practicing other religions, some claiming no religion at all, and some being Christians, it will be exciting to watch God at work! Please join us in prayer this exciting retreat!

No comments: