Monday, February 11, 2008


To all who may be interested:

My weekend was pretty decent. I went to Kampala (the capital) on Saturday but didn't have time to do anything but eat lunch and leave. Sunday I helped with two other girls at a local school ministry. We talked in front of about 25 high schoolers about trust and worshipped with them. It was a great experience, and part of the 30 hours of community involvement that's required of us. It's during church time, though, so we probably won't do it every week because we like being in a church service as well. Sundays are always tough because I usually just sit in silence in front of the tv, but last night my brother took me to town to find a skirt and then once we got back I took pictures of the new kids at our house and talked with my brother for a couple of hours, so it was a bit better than normal. Oh- and the prayer service last Wednesday was pretty amazing. We stayed until about 1am. Everyone prayed in their own language outloud and it was wonderful. We listened to several speakers, including the Bishop, talk about witchcraft and preach against it. I was glad to have the opportunity to be a part of it! And as for the rafting trip, it has been postponed until March, but it will happen before I go home....it's a must! That's all I have for now...it's a busy week academically with four big papers and a group presentation, so I need to get back to work! Have a wonderful week!

No comments: