Wednesday, January 9, 2008

2 days left in America...

I gave in and decided to make a blog. Who knows how often I'll update it. It depends on how often the power is on, and how often I have access to the internet. It may be similar to my emails. I just don't know yet! But in any case, this could be another way to keep in touch. We'll see which way works best.

Wow, it's hard to believe there's only two days left until I depart on this incredible journey. As most of you already know, I will be studying abroad in Uganda, Africa throughout the upcoming semester. I leave one week from today, on January 12, and return (hopefully, if all works out as planned) on May 3rd. While in Uganda, I will be living with a Ugandan family for the entire semester, attending classes at Uganda Christian University, and traveling around Uganda to various mission organizations. Thirty-seven other college-age students (only one of which I have met) from across the US will be traveling on this adventure with me. I've been told my home will most likely have no electricity and will definitely not have running water. This means I'll be showering from a bucket and going to the bathroom in a hole in the dirt, which I am actually looking forward to experiencing! It is hard not to form expectations for this trip, but I am doing my best to go with an open mind and to be ready to expect the unexpected. I am enjoying these last few days in the US and doing many things for the last time such as running, eating my favorite meal prepared by my mom, showering from a real shower, and flushing a toilet! I am sure this will be an amazing opportunity, and while I am incredibly nervous, I am also very excited as I know this is exactly where God wants me. If you would not mind, I would certainly appreciate yours prayers during the next four months, and especially next Saturday as I travel for 30 hours. Thanks for your time and prayers and I wish all of you the best!!

1 comment:

banders4 said...

I invited you to join my blog so that you can read what I am up to as well. I miss ya already!